1/14/2008

Damask

Merry Damask Kauni Steek! / Hey, it’s Maria. I did it!!! On Christmas day, I steeked the Damask Kauni. While I won’t say it was the highlight of Christmas, I’m certainly glad it’s done. I put that off long enough. I decided on a crocheted steek, using directions found on Euny Jang’s old website. I’m not sure how it works, but it does. I’m not a crocheter, but I thought it was kind of fun. I did the center front first and then the arm holes. Not bad for a first steek, huh? And then I did the math and figured out the sleeves. I had to pick up stitches evenly and get the pattern in the right place. I’ve only done a couple of rows, but I think it’s going to work! I need to get a smaller circ before I continue the sleeves. On December 26, I pulled out my Mr. Greenjeans (or Mrs. Greenjeans, as I’m calling it.) It has one sleeve, with a second on the way. The sleeve went really quickly. The only thing I don’t like is how it pooled at the elbow. So, today’s project is the other sleeve. I’ll bet you want to know what I did last night. I partied with my mom and my non knitting sister. Woo Hoo!!! We went to Starbuck’s and knit with the Rockstar knitters. First there was rondaben. She was working on a sock. She made me a row counter bracelet and some awesome stitch markers. Thanks Ronda!!! I also met the knitting fairy. I could spend time with her! (Actually, I could spend time with all of them!) She was working on an entrelac project. Next to me was the ever crazy texaspurlgirl. She was working on a hat and the Central Park Hoodie. Tasha is working on the Sundara Kimono pattern. She’s going to sew the buttons on her sweater today. Go Tasha!!! Gina (blogless) was working on a very fun sock with Knitpicks yarn. Christina was totally enjoying knitting that baby blanket!!!! Sorry, Christina, I don’t have a link for your blog!!! It was a fun night. I found out that Texas knitters are about as crazy as Minnesota knitters. I’m off to finish Mr Greenjeans. Hey Lexi, are you ever knitting again?

No comments: