1/14/2008

Phoenix Marathon

Back to Being a Running Fool / Thursday Quote of the Day: “Some have been thought brave because they were afraid to run away.” - Thomas Fuller Well, I guess itâ��s about time to hammer out some running stuff. To bring everyone up to speed, I had a great year last year, running more races than any other year in my life. Here is what I accomplished: 2007 Rock & Roll Phoenix Marathon 2007 Carlsbad Half Marathon 2007 Miami Marathon 2007 San Dieguito Half Marathon 2007 Los Angeles Marathon 2007 Wild Miles Adventure Relay 2007 Wild Wild West Trail Marathon 2007 Bishop 50-mile Ultra-Marathon 2007 America’s Finest City Half Marathon 2007 San Diego 100 Ultra-Marathon Although I had my first DNF (Did Not Finish) with that last race, I did crank out 56 miles of it and I will be back in 2008 to settle the score. Since then, I have been taking a bit of a break. Not by choice but work and life events have kind of got the better of me and I have not been disciplined in getting out on the road. This week, that changed. I ran my normal 7.5 mile loop … well, kind of ran it. I gave myself the opportunity to ease into it and did a lot of walking. I normally use up an hour but this first one required about 1 hour and 45 minutes since I walked most of it. But then I came back and ran it the next day in about 1:04. Then the next day at 1:02. So Iâ��m getting back. I also got a bit of holiday weight to lose so that will be my focus along with getting the miles in. Itâ��ll be good to get back in my running routine after the end of the year I had. As far as CrossFit, I can go back any month I want but I think I will use it as a one-month toner where I pick a month (maybe every other month) and hit it hard. Iâ��ve realized I canâ��t do distance training while Iâ��m doing CrossFit so I have to alternate. Here is my proposed schedule for 2008: 2008 Rock & Roll Phoenix Marathon: I signed up for it but am not ready. I really do not want to travel to Phoenix unprepared and have a lousy race, especially since I got my PR on this course last year. 2008 Carlsbad Half Marathon: already signed up! 2008 Miami Marathon: I won’t be travelling to Miami for this. It was great last year but I’m no longer an active member of the Achilles team. 2008 San Dieguito Half Marathon: already signed up! 2008 Los Angeles Marathon: I MIGHT be running this if the Achilles team wants my help. 2008 La Jolla Half-Marathon: Part of the Triple Crown. I skipped this one last year. 2008 Wild Miles Adventure Relay: the organizers are not putting this on this year. Taking a break I guess. 2008 Wild Wild West Trail Marathon: I have the application and will be hitting this for the 9th consecutive year. 2008 Bishop 50-mile Ultra-Marathon: already signed up! 2008 America’s Finest City Half Marathon: I can’t sign up for this yet but when it opens, I will. Part of the “Triple Crown” series. 2008 San Diego 100 Ultra-Marathon: I got a score to settle. Free Advice for Today: â��Learn to identify local flowers, birds, and trees.â�� - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Phoenix Marathon in other blogs:


Phoenix Marathon
Running:Training has begun for the Phoenix marathon
Phoenix Marathon!
1/8/08
12/29/07
12/22/07
12/15/07

No comments: