1/14/2008

John Dillinger

I Am Pleased / Oh, what a happy day this has turned out to be! So what if I’m swamped with work or just interviewed for a three-days-a-week job without pay! What’s got me in such a good mood? I just found out that two of my favorite pieces of man mean will star in a movie together. Some of you ladies might need to sit down for this. Let me know when you’re ready. Ready? Okay. Johnny Depp ::drool:: and Christian Bale ::drool:: will star in the movie “Public Enemies.” (I read that Bale is in negotiations to star along side Depp, but that’s good enough for me!) Said to be in production this March, “Public Enemies” is a movie about John Dillinger, a bank robber from the early 1900’s who was “considered by some to be a dangerous criminal, while others idealized him as a latter-day Robin Hood.” According to Wikipedia, “His exploits, along with those of other criminals of the 1930s Depression era, such as Bonnie and Clyde and Ma Barker, dominated the attentions of the American press and its readers during what is sometimes referred to as the public enemy era, between 1931 and 1935, a period which led to the further development of the modern and more sophisticated FBI.” Bale plays Purvis, “the legendary FBI agent who led the manhunt for John Dillinger.” Here’s a fun fact for you: Dillinger’s last day of freedom was July 22, 1934. Dillinger attended the film Manhattan Melodrama (coincidentally, a gangster film) at the Biograph Theater in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago. He was killed outside. If you’ve ever been on a Richard Crowe Ghost Tour, he takes you there and tells you the story. Thought I’d share! Thank you movie gods. A happy Friday to all!

No comments: